Peanut Butter Brownies
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
* 1/4 cup solid vegetable shortening
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup packed dark-brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1-1/4 cups semisweet choclate chips
* 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick foil overhanging on two sides and set aside.
2. Sift flour and salt onto a sheet of waxed paper; set aside.
3. In a medium-size bowl, beat peanut butter, shortening and vanilla together on medium speed for 1 minute. Add brown sugar; beat until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture; beat just until combined.
4. Scrape batter into prepared pan; smooth top with an offset spatula. Bake at 350°F for 28 minutes or until set in center.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips; allow to stand for 5 minutes. Spread melted chips evenly over top with spatula and sprinkle with chopped nuts. Place on wire rack and cool completely.