Summery Strawberry Tiramisu
* 6 cups (1.5 L) strawberries (about 11/2 lb/750 g)
* 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
* 1/4 cup (50 mL) orange juice
* 1 pkg (250 g) light cream cheese, at room temperature
* 1 can (425 g) custard
* 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream
* 1 298-g frozen pound cake, thawed
* 1/2cup (125 mL) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Rinse strawberries in a colander and remove stalks. Finely chop strawberries and place in a medium bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup (50 mL) sugar and all the orange juice; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Then beat in custard until smooth.
3. In another large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat whipping cream just until fluffy (when you lift the beaters, the pointy bits of cream should stay straight up). Gently stir whipped cream into cream cheese mixture; cover and refrigerate.
4. Cut cake into 3H x 1 x H-inch (9 x 2.5 x 1-cm) strips and arrange side by side on bottom of a 13 x 9-inch (3-L) shallow dish. Top with strawberry mixture. Sprinkle half the chocolate chips over strawberries, then top with cream cheese mixture and remaining chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.