In honor of Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday, my favorite dish to make!
Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake
* 1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
* 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
* 1/3 cup butter, melted
* 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
* 3/4 cup white sugar, divided
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup canned pumpkin
* 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, mix together the crushed gingersnap cookies, pecans, and butter. Press into the bottom, and about 1 inch up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake crust 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Set aside to cool.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla just until smooth. Mix in eggs one at a time, blending well after each. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture. Blend 1/4 cup sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg into the remaining mixture.
3. Spread the pumpkin flavored batter into the crust, and drop the plain batter by spoonfuls onto the top. Swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect.
4. Bake 55 minutes in the preheated oven, or until filling is set. Run a knife around the edge of the pan. Allow to cool before removing pan rim. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Posted by QuiltNut Creations on 10/11/2008 08:52:00 AM
Labels: snack saturday
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
3 love it too:
It looks mouth watering delicious. Happy thanksgiving for Monday.
This sounds so yummy. Can't wait to try it.
I left you an award on my blog, check it out please.
Mmmmmm looks so yummy
Post a Comment