I started this Thangles quilt in January 2008. When I first bought this quilt, I had no idea what I was going to do with it. I am not a big fan of pastels and yet this came home with me lol. 10 days ago, I had the first 9 blocks completed. I finished the remaining 3 and sewed the top together with all the sashings. And it was tiny. Teeny tiny tiny. Smaller than a baby quilt tiny. So I made 8 more blocks.
I was able to buy more of the fabric from the blocks for borders and I started cutting and adding. I did something I don't like to do; added more borders to make the quilt top bigger. But I think it works.
I ended up cutting the side borders narrower than the top and bottom to get it close to twin size. I absolutely love how it turned out.
I do have a recipient in mind but can't say too much because it will give it away.