- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract(I've also used mint extract)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water(or cold coffee)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift flour, sugar, salt, soda, and cocoa together into an 8x8 inch ungreased cake pan. Make three depressions. Pour oil into one well, vinegar into second, and vanilla into third well. Pour water over all, and stir well with fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Frost with your favorite icing. I usually sprinkle some icing sugar on top or once the cake is out of the oven, sprinkle with chocolate(or mint) chips.
1 love it too:
Post a Comment