- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 (1 ounce) square semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter 8 inch square baking pan.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate, semisweet chocolate, and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat.
- Stir in brown sugar, white sugar, and honey; mix until sugar is dissolved. Beat in eggs, a little at a time. Add flour, salt, baking powder, vanilla, hazelnuts, cayenne pepper, and orange zest. Stir until blended well and mixture is glossy. Pour batter evenly into pan.
- Bake until the surface looks dry and a toothpick inserted in the center has just a film of chocolate on it, 30 to 40 minutes. Cool on a rack about 12 minutes and cut into squares while still warm.
0 love it too:
Post a Comment