Strawberry Mousse Pie
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Knox gelatin
- 2 ~ 10 ounce packages frozen strawberries in light syrup, thawed. Do not drain, reserve liquid.
- 2/3 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, chopped fine or mashed, optional
- 2 ~ 9 inch baked pie crusts
- 1/4 cup white chocolate curls, optional
- Combine sugar and gelatin in a large saucepan. Add strawberries with juice and stir. Turn heat to medium and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil making sure the mixture doesn't burn or boil over, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and transfer to a large stainless bowl and chill for approximately one hour ~ more or less ~ or until strawberry mixture starts to set up like loose jello. Stir a few times. Be careful, you don't want it to set up completely or it will be almost impossible to work with. Likewise, it can't be too thin either.
- In a clean mixer bowl, whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Add sugar and whip a while longer until stiff peaks hold their shape. Transfer to a clean bowl and set aside.
- In the same mixing bowl, whip 1 cup heavy whipping cream until stiff.
- Gently fold egg whites and whipped cream into strawberry mousse mixture until smooth and blended.
- Fold fresh strawberries into mousse if desired.
- Pour into baked pie shells.
- Chill and set aside.
2 love it too:
What a great dish to make with all the fresh strawberries this time of year...thanks bunches for sharing!
Looks like a super delicious Summer dessert!!
Post a Comment