- Preheat oven to 350F. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon or an electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until creamy, about 1 min.
- Beat in egg and yolk, almond butter and vanilla. Using a wooden spoon, gradually stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- Scoop about 1 tbsp dough and roll into a ball. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat, placing cookies 2 in. apart. Dip a fork in granulated sugar and press a criss-cross pattern on each ball.
- Bake in centre of oven 7 to 8 min. Remove sheet to a rack and leave for 2 min. Cookies will look undercooked, but will continue to bake as they sit. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool completely.
Almond Butter Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 cup natural almond or peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla