Lemon Cream Cupcakes
1/2 cup butter at room temperature
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
Zest of 2 lemons
1 tsp lemon extract
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 stick softened butter (1 cup.)
2-4 tablespoons fresh raspberry pureé (I chose not to strain the seeds out, but if they bother you
feel free to.)
4 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
Raspberries to garnish (Optional)
1. Preheat over to 325.
2. Beat together the butter, cream cheese, lemon zest and sugar, then beat in eggs and extract until
3. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the cheese mixture and beat with your mixer on low speed until
5. Divide the batter evenly between 12 cupcake cups that have been lined with paper cupcake liners.
6. Bake for 25 minutes until firm to the touch.
7. Let cool for a few minutes in the pan- then transfer to a wire rack.
8. Frost when cooled.
9. Beat butter with an electric mixer until it is fluffy and pale. Gradually add in powdered sugar and mix
in low speed until it is thick and paste-like. One tablespoon at a time, add in the raspberry puree
until the frosting as reached a good piping consistency. (If it is still too thick, you can add it 1 tsp of
2 love it too:
You had me until I got to Raspberry...ugh...
But it's sooo pretty. I might have to bite the raspberry seed and try this!
Yummy but mine would never look pretty like that!
Post a Comment