One of hubby's co-workers had a baby and I knew exactly the kind of quilt I wanted to make for them.
I had the quilt all finished up except for the binding and once we learned that they had a little boy I went with a dark grey binding. For a girl it would have been pink.
I had just enough of my favourite chevron flannel for the backing.
I will admit, I'm not thrilled with the quilting. I wish I had gone with a different panto on it.
|quilted with Spilled Ink|
It didn't look terrible, just not exactly the look I was going for lol.
But they loved it and I love how it turned out; such a great quick and easy quilt.
This fabric line was(is) perfection. Absolutely perfect for a male quilt. I just wish it had been easier to find; it sold out locally here so quickly. But seriously, I can not blame quilters for scooping these lovelies up; I regret not doing so myself.
|quilted with Bright and Breezy|
This is the second of three grad quilts I made this year. I thought I had bought enough fabric but not surprising, I hadn't. Lucky for me, some Grunge fabric went perfectly for a border.
I love how these matching blocks ended up dead center in the quilt.
This pattern went together very quickly which is always a bonus.
I backed it in a brushed cotton.
Love how the pattern shows on the backing.
And I love the look on grads' faces when they open these up.
Hard to believe that summer 2017 has come and gone. We had a great summer, camping, beach days, amusement parks and a roadtrip to Yellowstone. On the other hand, not a lot of sewing happened but I did get a few things finished.
I made a some baby quilts.
And have another one to get too.
Worked on another secret project ;)
I was 'queen bee' for the TrueNorth bee blocks.
I love happy mail.
And I started a little something for me,